Sunday, September 23, 2012

Left brain Vs Right brain

I came across a pile of my facebook aquaintance's tagged picture in an event and what really bothered me was not the people in it, rather their promotional banners and buntings. Clearly, it's not done professionally by someone with a creative background. From chosen typeface, it's hierarchy, the positive negative spaces, etc it was just out. Ask my observance two years back, I'll say it's fine too.

I'm not proving that I'm a very experienced designer, neither do I doubt my own talent as well. But after coming across this, I came to think a lot of how unique we as humans are all made. Everyone do have both practicality as well as creativity but there is either more of the left brain or the right one. But I don't know why as much as a science streamed person would love to draw something out, it comes out funny. Perhaps that is why art is called a talent? Many compliments flooded along the years and I never lie to people just to please them and say oh, you can draw this too (shows portrait of like omgangelinajolie) Because the fact is, it's not as simple as picking up a pencil and walla, done. It was hard work for a 'designer' like me, what more for people with zero art sense. Vice versa to the other. Ask me to solve a tough mathematic formula question, I'll raise white flag. BUT, both are enable to achieve a certain point of self satisfactory accomplishment with practice and determination. That's the good news.

While on this planet existed these two typical categories of people, it comes with a purpose of each own. And I believe these two should work hand in hand. Imagine if we're all created with engineered medical brains or just with crazily over artistic mind, it's going to be imbalance and always lacking of that something to achieve that level of 'perfection'. Just like the disturbing banners and bunting I was mentioning earlier on top. You 'science' people are having a gathering event to bring your own species together and there is this other 'art' people studying graphic design, event planner, etc that should do their part. Which is none other to host and make your event a pretty sight, in this case.

Okay, I didn't mean to sound harsh. No offense.

What kicked me a little about this whole phenomenon is just thinking that people tend be competitive these days. Especially in the working world. Everyone seems to think their own profession beats the rest and to narrow it down, that one would think they're the best in the course. Often they'll think they know it all and no help is needed from other parties. Everyone works in a project chasing to win big money, usually neglecting what's important- teamwork and synergy.




We are each created differently. 
Each with different contribution to offer.







No comments: