Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Out and about

I left this page untouched since many hours ago and got distracted by Valentine's Day and White Chicks. 


Oh yeah, my home welcomed a new 55' Samsung LCD tv since our old one had served us well for over 10 years. They have this semi 3D thing but I don't really dig television' technology but thankful enough.

Well, three weeks since I last blog. For few readers (hopefully multiple still), I've been caught up with sem six intern and hand up of reports until last Monday where we were finally freeeeeeeeeee.So right after, six of us headed to Muar, Johor with the yellow Myvi. The trip there (friend's hometown btw) was a long planned but constantly postponed trip but walla, we finally made it. And just like the rest, we must say the highlight of the trip would sum out to one word - food. Thanks to Jeff's parents, really.



//Inconsistent images below. 

Lobak
Chinese rojak
Pulut cendol
Pandan cake cause it was the mama's bday!
Dishes on the first night
Otak-otak, beer, wine, fruits, junk food alongside with karaoke session for supper
Chicken rice balls for breakfast
Authentic cendol in Malacca

On the second day, it was mostly well spend with the animals at The UK Farm. I can't believe this is where I would see sheeps while I was pestering to see one back in Tasmania and I didn't had the chance. Anyway, it was worth the price we paid and the 1 1/2 hrs drive. So, do check it out when you're there.

In the evening, we drove to Malacca town for well, more food but due to the dengue spraying thingy, Jonker street and the rest was closed down. Ended us up with Nyonya dishes and a simple chilling session after.

I think this the is only group picture, WITHOUT me.

We came back on Wednesday afternoon and I think I  even recalled of stopping by at Jackson's workplace and then chilling at Chatime before we head home. Then that night itself, there was a spontaneous party planned at Vertigo with DJ Maya in the house. Btw, do you know what's the defination of Vertigo?

Vertigo is a sensation of spinning while stationary.[8] It is commonly associated with vomiting or nauseaunsteadiness, and excessive perspiration. Recurrent episodes in those with vertigo are common and they frequently impair the quality of life.[2] Blurred vision, difficulty speaking, a lowered level of consciousness, and hearing loss may also occur. Central nervous system disorders may lead to permanent symptoms.

Jackson, Ashley and myself
Don't mess with the woman in leapord blouse and floral skirt (long story of outfit chosen)
Jacksons getting ready
I feel I look chinese here


Jackson and myself


The four that didn't stone
Standing strong with Ashley. At least I was. Opps!
The man and the 2 women
Women powah
Note : Images are some taken with dslr and some with Galaxy S2. Some are yours truly and some are to be credited. Some are original and some are edited.

After a late supper slash early breakfast, dropped dead at the Jackson's by 5 plus in the morning. Only to wake up later in the afternoon for MORE FOOD :)

Klang famous fried chicken and ping ping.

And the next stop was for more cendol. Sorry, there aren't proper pictures but it was really goooooood.  After imbibing on two bowls filled with coconut milk, we then make a quick hop to Ashley's grandparents home for yet the famous buttercake in Klang.





Just as you may think the few days of gallivanting has stopped, nope! The next day me and Ashley had to dreadfully wake up early to go for a seminar slash competition that our college send us for. Technically, we're replacement for others but oh well, at least we did meet nice new living souls :)



That's all for the updates now. At the moment, in the mid of week two, I'm rotting at home but loving it. Gah, I love my bed. 




No comments: