Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chock- full

LONG POST ALERT.

So guess what, my dad just booked tickets to Australia, Sydney this time at the end of the year, then from there, will head again to Tasmania for my sister's Masters in Architecture graduation, which also meant that she'll complete her 5 years course. Time really flies. & I'll be flying back alone for the first time, with my own savings. I for one, is first to admit that I love it over there, I'm not going to lie, but this trip is also giving a little collywobble.

For this holiday, I've spent exactly 2 months with my sister, every, single, day. And I guess that why I caught myself involuntarily shedding a tear or two shamelessly even before she left. Funny how before yes, we do many things together but we weren't exactly glued to each other. However, the time she left for her studies 2 1/2 years ago, the much said maxim was true - distance makes the heart grow fonder. And a question also popped into my mind, it's not just people who are overseas misses each other, even people who are staying in the same country but in different states, as long as they are not seeing each other daily, don't those people deserve to be put in mind that they are possibly feeling the same way too? Why need for someone to be separated by an ocean to have pity on them.

Yesterday, I met up with one of my senior that's currently studying his degree in Melbourne. Fortunately, the rest of the gang came too. So it was cool to catch up with each other's working & higher education lives. Sitting at the table, with friends older than me, talking about serious matters as though we had gone through a decade of vigorous hardship but petty stuff to the experienced world, my imaginary palm imaginable slapped me on the cheek. I am no longer a kid. I'm out of high school for already 3 years and all decisions in life is in the matter of very own hands.

My dad has started to chivvy me to start planning for my degree, next year will come just like that *snaps fingers*. My parents never mention of financial issues (thank God for his blessings) but I don't really like to burden my them, though in this case it's important. I even suggested I'll go ahead with the local Taylor's 2 year degree program. Nonetheless, it was not an option as to overseas study would be much better according to my dad. Well, I'll try planning it out. I realize, it's no more about focusing on finals first. Time's running and I need to keep in pace. (world economy issues- it goes up, it goes down).





No comments: